Hydrobiology is a dynamic, medium-sized environmental consultancy. We have a substantial experience footprint in Southeast Asia and other tropical regions, with ongoing involvement in a variety of high-profile projects. We have opened our first regional base in Singapore and are seeking a motivated and talented individual to join us in a senior role reporting to the Directors.
The role is a work generating position, and it is expected that the successful applicant would be experienced at the marketing of professional services of this nature within Singapore and be able to profitably win and deliver projects for themselves and their staff with the support of the Hydrobiology Group. The office will also service the wider ASEAN region; the successful applicant will be encouraged and supported in developing a regional network focussing on delivering our core Group strengths.
Ideally you will:
- have a high level of scientific expertise (10+ years professional experience) in either the physical, biological or chemical processes of aquatic systems (marine and/or freshwater) with post-graduate qualifications
- be able to prepare high quality tenders, proposals, reports and other documents (e.g. conference presentations and journal papers), and in doing so provide leadership in data analysis and interpretation
- be self-motivated and keen to build up a team of junior and mid-level staff with the support of the Directors
- plan and lead business development activities throughout the region
- work effectively with other expert staff based outside Singapore to service existing and future projects
- be of Singaporean nationality or hold permanent residency.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company with an international reputation for scientific excellence. To the right applicant there is the potential to rapidly accelerate your career and establish yourself as a team leader.
To apply, please forward to email@example.com:
- your Resume
- a covering letter addressing the job description
- a list of the projects you have worked on/completed in the past 2 years
Remuneration will be based on the successful applicant’s skills, experiences and abilities. Contact Simon Drummond if you have any queries about the position (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications close 22 April 2018.